Full-time Engineers for Hire in Mexico City, Mexico
Engineers for Hire in Mexico City, Mexico
|Education:||A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or greater in engineering, with 2-8 years of related experience|
Sproule is a global energy consulting firm with a 65-year legacy of driving value for clients by helping professionals in the oil and gas sector make better business decisions—decisions that build sustainable prosperity from assets around the world. Anchored by deep geoscience and engineering expertise and a strong commercial understanding of energy markets, Sproule serves a broad range of clients including exploration and production companies, financial firms and governments throughout the world.
As part of our continued growth strategy, Sproule will be opening an office in Mexico City in June 2018 to serve the local and international markets. To support this exciting move, Sproule is looking to fill several full-time engineering positions. Candidates will be energetic, self-motivated Engineers with 0 to 8 years of experience in the oil and gas industry to join our team. A background in petroleum engineering and/or reserve evaluations will be strong assets. The successful candidates would work with highly experienced, senior engineers, geologists and geophysicists to support reserve evaluation projects and reservoir studies, including project scoping and analysis.
A Candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and a strong desire to be part of a growing organization where client focus, flexibility, and an eye for detail are critical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with clients worldwide, overseeing project scope and timelines within a reserves evaluation team;
- Complete deterministic and probabilistic evaluations and assessments;
- Perform field development planning related to oil and gas projects;
- Support reservoir studies;
- Assess production optimization as it relates to a specific project;
- Keep up to date on domestic and regional industry challenges and global market dynamics.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined environment on projects that involve geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering and economics;
- Self-motivated individual focused on client success;
- Petroleum engineering experience an asset;
- Familiarity with reserves and resource estimation guidelines will be an asset (e.g., Society of Petroleum Engineers Petroleum Resource Management System);
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or greater in engineering with 0-8 years of related experience;
- Combination of technical excellence and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish and English;
This position will work out of Sproule’s office located in the Polanco area of Mexico City and report directly to the Country Manager in Mexico, supported by Sproule’s headquarters in Calgary, Canada. Sproule offers an attractive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Engineer-Mexico in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2018.