Reserves Evaluations / EVAL-03 / 2 days
Evaluation of Oil & Gas Properties for Land Professionals
Miles Hughes P.Eng.
Senior Petroleum Engineer and Manager, Strategic Advisory
Matthew O’Blenes P.Eng.
Senior Petroleum Engineer
Hayley Silberg P.Geo.
Geoscientist & Manager, Sproule Training
Cameron Six P.Eng.
President and CEO
This 2-day course is focused on helping participants understand both the process of developing evaluations and the resultant cash flow outputs. The goal is to provide land professionals with an understanding of what oil and gas evaluators do and what they report.
- Definitions of reserves and resources, and what they mean to a company
- The process of estimating reserves and resources
- Income method, calculations of recoverable volumes, price forecasts, operating and capital costs, and royalties
- Need for discounting of cash flows
- Profitability indices
- Public reporting requirements
This course is suited for oil and gas land professionals who are involved in the evaluation of oil and gas development opportunities, reserves assessments, and mergers and acquisitions or dispositions of assets.