Reserves Evaluations / EVAL-04 / 3 days
Evaluation of SAGD Assets
Cameron Six P.Eng.
President and CEO
Jeff Jackson P.Eng.
This comprehensive 3-day course introduces the foundational components and techniques of evaluating Canadian SAGD assets. By the end of this course, participants will fully understand the evaluation process, where to source the appropriate data, how to evaluate a SAGD asset, interpret evaluations done by others and, ultimately, make sound investment decisions using these evaluation techniques. The course lecture material is supported by a number of workshop exercises.
- Understanding probability in estimating SAGD reserves
- Estimating SAGD reserves and forecast production
- Forms of ownership and the Crown royalty regimes in Western Canada
- Understanding and categorize capital and operating costs, and understanding the impact of price forecasts and income tax requirements
- Creating before-and-after tax discount future cash flows and interpreting profitability
- Using evaluations for investments, acquisitions and divestments
- Understanding reserves and resources definitions, and booking methodologies
While this course has a more technical focus related to reserves determination, it is suitable for engineers, geologists, geophysicists, land negotiators, accountants, technologists, and anyone who wants to understand the process and results of evaluating Canadian SAGD assets.